BREAKING: WHO Suspends Trial Of Hydroxychloroquine Over Safety Concerns - THE ENCOUNTER NEWS

Breaking

Monday, May 25, 2020

BREAKING: WHO Suspends Trial Of Hydroxychloroquine Over Safety Concerns



The World Health Organisation (WHO) on Monday announced a temporary suspension of the trial of hydroxychloroquine for treatment of coronavirus patient.

The suspension of the trial,  it said, was due to a higher mortality rate among patients receiving the drug.

The WHO announced this during its media briefing at its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.

The decision came after the publication last week of a study in the Lancet indicating that the using the drug on COVID-19 patients could increase their likelihood of dying, WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a virtual press conference, adding that the WHO-backed trials had been “suspended while the safety is reviewed.”

Details later…..


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages