Journalists Kick As Ogun Covid-19 Taskforce Fails To Produce Test Results After Two Weeks - THE ENCOUNTER NEWS


Saturday, July 18, 2020

Journalists Kick As Ogun Covid-19 Taskforce Fails To Produce Test Results After Two Weeks

Dimeji and Ogunsiji while having themselves tested

Adenike Sanusi 
ABEOKUTA - The Ogun State Taskforce on Coronavirus may have incurred the wrath of journalists in the state following its inability to produce the result of  coronavirus test conducted on two journalists over two weeks ago.

One of the journalists, Dimeji Kayode-Adedeji, who is the founder, Penpushing Media had voluntarily approached the taskforce to undergo the test, in order to know his health status, as an essential worker following the gradual ease of the lockdown.

Dimeji while narrating his story said, on July 4, he went to the MTR hospital located at Oke-Mosan Abeokuta, one of the centres where the test are being carried out, and was equally examined, and thereafter in view of the coronavirus protocols, the result was billed to be ready within one week of the test.

 He said the officials said following the guideline and protocols, a telephone call would be put across after a week to announce the result, but precisely a week when there was no information, a phone call was put across to the officials.

He explained that, "On July 4, I voluntarily present myself for the coronavirus test, which was conducted at MTR hospital located at Oke-Mosan in Abeokuta, which is one of the designated centres for the test. On completion of the test, I was told that, it will take one week for the result to be ready.

"The officials told me that, a phone call will be put across to  me after one week to announce my result, when it was exactly a week, that I didn’t hear from the authorities, I took time to call, and an official said I should forward my full name, which I did, but to my dismay for another one week, which makes it two weeks as at July 18, my result was not available. I made further frantic efforts but met a brickwall", he stated

The official (nameswitheld) who received the call for the result enquiry, requested for full name of the voluntary patient, with a promise to get back, and the name was immediately forwarded to the official on July 12.

He explained that for another one week, the taskforce is yet to produce the result, while all efforts to get to the root of the lapses by the affected voluntary patient had remained unsuccessful, as at the time of filing this report.

Similarly, the Editor of the ENCOUNTER NEWS Media, Michael-Azeez Ogunsiji explained that, on Wednesday, July 8, 2020 he was at the MTR 250-beded hospital located at Oke-Mosan to know his health status. 

Ogunsiji said, after the test was conducted, he was told his result would be ready after 48hours, but as at the time of filing this report, he was yet to receive any information regarding his test. 

"Sometimes ago, around June 28, 2020, I was ill and started having symptoms such as dry cough, catarrh, sore throat and chest pain, I went to the hospital, I was diagnosed with Typhoid and malaria, after I  finished taking the typhoid treatment, my health condition was seemingly fair, so the hospital advised me to go for covid-19 test since they don't have the equipment for testing. 

"Therefore, I went the MTR specialist hospital at Oke-Mosan on Wednesday July 8.  After undergoing the test, they (officials) told me my result would be ready in the next 48hours which was Friday, July 10, but until now, I've not receive any message from them.

"I asked them if there's need for me to come back for my test result, they told me not to bother as they will call or send me test message to receive my result, but as at this time, I've not receive any information, and I've been moving around the town hale and hearty after taking some local herb concoction."

No comments:

Post a Comment